SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: WAS: RE: [SLUG] Invalid credentials error code 49
- To: Philip Greggs <png320@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: WAS: RE: [SLUG] Invalid credentials error code 49
- From: O Plameras <oscarp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 18:39:32 +1000
- Cc: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Thunderbird 1.5 (X11/20060313)
Philip Greggs wrote:
O Plameras <wrote:>
Server is coded as hostname in the Client.
1. Regardless as to how the client is configured it has to find the
LDAP Server. There are two ways to do this,
a. If the IP Address is hardcoded at the client side, and in this
case there is no DNS query or
b. If HOSTNAME(Not IP Address) is configured at the client side, and
in this case
DNS query must take place to find the LDAP Host.
If you are not getting any DNS query then your LDAP client has IP Address
hardcoded for your LDAP Server.
Where is this HOSTNAME or IP Address coded in the LDAP client ?
In Fedora 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 it is in /etc/openldap/ldap.conf.
Hope this helps.