Re: [SLUG] decodeing base64 ?

On 06/04/2006, at 11:26 AM, Voytek Eymont wrote:

On Thu, April 6, 2006 11:01 am, Peter Chubb wrote:
"Voytek" == Voytek Eymont <lists@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Edit the file afterwards; delete all but the base64 encoded part.

Voytek> [root@rhel mail]# { echo 'begin-base64 644 x.wav'; cat test;
Voytek> echo ====; } | uudecode uudecode: stdin: illegal line

Everything between the begin and end needs to be base64-encoded.  You
probably sent it the entire file.

thanks, Peter
yes, after I removed the 4 desriptive lines it completed without error,
seems to have worked OK. I just need to figure how to play it now

I find xdeview/uudeview quite handy for dealing with these things. They seem pretty good at unpacking damaged or incorrect formats that other programs can't handle.

--
Martin