SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Voice to text
- To: john hedge <johnhedge@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Voice to text
- From: Nick Croft <nicko@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 20:29:01 +1000
- Cc: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Reply-to: nicko@xxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Mutt/1.5.11
* john hedge (johnhedge@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> Does anyone know of a Linux based project/product for converting voice to
Besides research into speech synthesis, festival is useful as a
stand-alone speech synthesis program. It is capable of producing
clearly understandable speech from text.
Command-line stuff. It might take you 10 minutes to get the hang of it.
Then again there's konq-speak for use with konqueror.
See how you go.