Re: [SLUG] MySQL in RHEL3 ?

On Mon, April 3, 2006 9:29 am, Matthew Hannigan wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 03, 2006 at 08:57:23AM +1000, Voytek Eymont wrote:
>
>> I've just installed RHEL3 with 'everything' option, when I tried:

> Er, actually try installing 'mysql-server'

> I think you only have the client bits.

yes, it looks like it. Seems I dumbly assumed that 'everything' @ 5GB
would include server and client.

ahem, how do I enable/mount a SCSI CD ROM ?
this RHEL was installed off an IDE CDROM, but, now I have it in a system
with Adaptec 2940 & SCSI CDROM, I think, the 2940 was picked up on boot
# mount cdrom
mount: can't find cdrom in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab

# cat /etc/fstab
LABEL=/                 /                       ext3    defaults        1 1
LABEL=/boot             /boot                   ext3    defaults        1 2
none                    /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
none                    /proc                   proc    defaults        0 0
none                    /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults        0 0
/dev/hda3               swap                    swap    defaults        0 0
/dev/fd0                /mnt/floppy             auto    noauto,owner,kudzu
0 0
/dev/cdrom              /mnt/cdrom              udf,iso9660
noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0

# cat /etc/mtab
/dev/hda2 / ext3 rw 0 0
none /proc proc rw 0 0
usbdevfs /proc/bus/usb usbdevfs rw 0 0
/dev/hda1 /boot ext3 rw 0 0
none /dev/pts devpts rw,gid=5,mode=620 0 0
none /dev/shm tmpfs rw 0 0

--
Voytek