SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] linux to linux shares
- To: SLUG email list <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] linux to linux shares
- From: O Plameras <oscarp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 15:13:13 +1100
- User-agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0.7-1.1.fc3 (X11/20050929)
I've also yet to see anybody seriously bypass linux fsquota or UGO
permissions in recent years. Would you care to provide some examples
Oracle is one example.
OpenAFS is my favorite.
You were obviously doing things wrong before if it took AFS to give
you this. Most sites attain this using properly managed automounters
and NIS. It does not take AFS to achive a 'unified namespace' across
OpenAFS does everything plus simple and ease of manangement and