SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Hinting an IP Address
- To: Martin <marty@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Hinting an IP Address
- From: Howard Lowndes <lannet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 13:37:23 +1100
- Cc: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Organization: LANNet Computing Associates
- User-agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0.7-1.1.fc4 (X11/20050929)
$quoted_author = "Kevin Fitzgerald" ;
I have a customer who has had something rather villifying written about them
on their own Messageboard and they want to persue it legally. They have
asked me to chase down the IP Address and I'm not suer where to start.
I know the IP, 184.108.40.206
start by talking to primus...
...who will tell you nothing because they're not allowed to by law. If
you really need to pursue it then you need to get the boys in blue
involved - the Telecom Act is a legal nightmare in this regard.
LANNet Computing Associates - Your Linux people <http://lannetlinux.com>
When you want a computer system that works, just choose Linux;
When you want a computer system that works, just, choose Microsoft.
Flatter government, not fatter government; abolish the Australian states.