SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] [ot] Running apps off usb drives
- To: James Purser <purserj@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] [ot] Running apps off usb drives
- From: Glen Turner <glen.turner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 22:12:30 +0800
- Cc: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Organization: Australia's Academic & Research Network
- User-agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0.7-1.1.fc4 (X11/20050929)
James Purser wrote:
On the other hand, I would really caution you against installing software
such as Skype or VoIP without your network admin's permission.
Yep. It's exactly this sort of tomfoolery which leads Gartner
to recommend filling USB ports with sealant. (Which is actually
just one more reason to run desktop Linux, because you can
allow some USB classes but not others).