Re: [SLUG] search engine rankings

Scott Ragen wrote:

> So does that mean if I include my website in my sigs to mailing lists,
> search engines will pick it up when they crawl through the archives and
> increase the page rank?

It might work for a while {:-)
Oh wait, I didn't realise mine was there.
Nope, can not remeber if it made a differnce as it was so long ago that
I first added it.

Actually I think most search engines are more intelligent that that
these days, especially since it has been years since people started
spamming URL's through usenet.. Easy to drop a sig or to ignore URLs off
mailing lists.

> Just having a dig.. no harm meant.

None taken.
My usual answer to that question has been given;
1) pay for advertising, or
2) put up a porn flick and spam usenet.

Sadly, it is just one of those stages that management go through in web
development. Sadly, it can also be a part of a cycle.

--
   Terry Collins {:-)}}}
   email: terryc at woa.com.au  www: http://www.woa.com.au

 "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little
  security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin