SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] DNS - Xen - Virtual server hosting
- To: Howard Lowndes <lannet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] DNS - Xen - Virtual server hosting
- From: Steve Kowalik <steven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 10:55:57 +1100
- Cc: SLUG Mail List <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- User-agent: Wanderlust/2.10.1 (Watching The Wheels) XEmacs/21.4 (Social Property)
On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 10:21:58 +1100, Howard Lowndes uttered
> They shouldn't be feeling the heat from Xen yet because Xen will not run
> Windows until the new Intel chips ship.
> I have a problem with VMware after 2.6.13 kernel - it won't compile on
> 2.6.24 and later, which is why I am looking at Xen.
I suspect you mean 2.6.14.
steven@blerk:~% uname -a
Linux blerk 2.6.15-1-686 #1 Wed Jan 18 15:04:35 UTC 2006 i686
steven@blerk:~% vmware -v
VMware Workstation 4.5.2 build-8848
(I'm well aware VMware 5.5 is out, it's a matter of convincing the
accounting people at work to buy it for the office)
If you Google for vmware-any-any-update, it will patch your VMware so
that the modules can compile with a newer kernel version.
<bob2> joy hasn't spoken on IRC in 45 seconds, he must be MIA!