SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] DNS - Xen - Virtual server hosting
- To: Howard Lowndes <lannet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] DNS - Xen - Virtual server hosting
- From: Dean Hamstead <dean@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 13:02:29 +1100
- Cc: SLUG Mail List <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- User-agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0.7 (Windows/20050923)
Howard Lowndes wrote:
It's possible that I might be overlooking something very basic here, so
bear with me pse.
I've been playing with Xen and can see it's potential for hosting
virtual servers, each having a defined internal IP address and a defined
internal MAC address bridged to the host.
What my problem is: how do I set up DNS so that externally
thisdomain.tld and thatdomain.tld both point to the same external IP
address, but internally they point to different internal IP addresses.
There might be some way of doing a selective DNAT in iptables using the
MAC addresses, but that is escaping me at the moment.
It would be simpler to use a block of external IP addresses, but that is
not an option just at the moment.
Clue sticks welcomed...