SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] tv setup
- To: "jam@xxxxxxxxx" <jam@xxxxxxxxx>, slug <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] tv setup
- From: Michael Fox <fox.michael@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 15:15:53 +1100
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=FL1JPpaeNsRyhz8n++9yLzolg08C9P5HivBsEHe6xnSZU+ib8pm08wAeyWmMrhw9WhTc4hC7IszF+c49xDUxs4eAfwWrWzUTbL7TaziJxORJMUbpcd4ygawqaOUxKS1IuYReteTcUVe/5MBBEE2cLeAT0z17JFwfkM8aIIwKkeQ=
On 1/20/06, jam@xxxxxxxxx <jam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> will you suffer a bear of very little brain:
> I can edit my recordings
> now I have a recording thus [....xxxx........xxxx.........]
> in the playback window, next I ....
> (bit like 'after our hero escaped the bottomless pit ...)
Install nuvexport on the backend, and then run nuvexport as mythtv
user. Select the format you want (DVD, then the show and episode). One
of the questions it will ask is do you want it to use the cutlist, as
you already used the editor to make the cutlist. It will then
transcode the show into DVD and use the cutlist you made to mark ads.
The exported file will then be the show in the correct mpg format to
be used (and when played it will not have the ads you set to remove if
the cut list was honoured).
> I have mythtranscode, but from a frontend I can't see it!
> BTW I have ordered 2 twinhan cards from auspc
You ordered 2 of them the same as mine? Sweet. auspcmarket is good, I
got mine next business day in Sydney (although the company is not far
from my work). So I reckon you should have them mid next week from Syd
Let us know how you go. Are you going to use ubuntu 5.10? If so, I
will send you my txt file with 15 steps to get it going. Then from the
mythtv-setup you can do what you wish (as I am yet to write that up).
I just saw on the mail list for mythtv that 0.19 is due out probably
in the next few days. Maybe next week possibly. I guess I might have
to eventually when that reinstall happens do a manual compile attempt,
as I'd really like to use some of the features rolled upto 0.19 when
it comes out. But hey 0.18-1 works fine enough so far.
Hrmm better get back to work :(