SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Gnome Stock Ticker
- To: john hedge <johnhedge@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Gnome Stock Ticker
- From: O Plameras <oscarp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 13:51:03 +1100
- Cc: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0.7-1.1.fc3 (X11/20050929)
john hedge wrote:
Unfortunately the prices are delayed by at least 20 minutes.
For live feeds on stock prices only commercial service providers are
sources for such info. For retail live feeds try this:
Another way is to subscribe to http://www.comsec.com.au; download
live stock prices; and upload into your database for your FOSS software to
analyse. There is a slight delay due to the intervening procedures but
definitely less than 20 minutes. Subscription to http://www.comsec.com.au
is free but there is a minimum $$$ deposit; but if you are already a trader
this is no a problem, just transfer that stock portfolio to them.
Hope this helps.