SLUG Mailing List Archives
RE: [SLUG] Palm handheld repair?
- To: <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: RE: [SLUG] Palm handheld repair?
- From: "Roger Barnes" <Roger.Barnes@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 14:14:03 +1100
- Thread-index: AcYFEp4zLYz351pkSlqhEzXJi7/adwAACmtw
- Thread-topic: [SLUG] Palm handheld repair?
> I finally got my Palm handheld synchronising nicely in Linux
> and then its touchscreen stopped working properly. What I've
> heard about Palm Australia's service makes me want to avoid
> it for repairs if possible.
> Does anyone know of a reputable Palm repairer in the Sydney area?
I swapped my T3 for a reconditioned model under warranty without any issues, but this was a couple of years ago. I've not heard of any local Palm repairers, but http://www.auspug.org/ is probably the best place to ask.
Are you sure that "touchscreen stopped working properly" == "needs repair"? A reset and/or recalibration may suffice.