SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Any experiences with LVS for load balancing a webfarm?
- To: Dean Hamstead <dean@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Any experiences with LVS for load balancing a webfarm?
- From: Felix Sheldon <dark_paw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 13:47:23 +1100
- Cc: SLUG <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- User-agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0.7 (X11/20051011)
Well, yes, but unless you pay through the nose for the 'Advanced' or
'Data-center' editions I think it's fairly limited. I'd prefer something
OSS that can be tweaked to do exactly what we want, without arbitrary
limits designed to sell more licenses.
Dean Hamstead wrote:
i believe 2003 has its own clustering solution?
Felix Sheldon wrote:
I'm just wondering if LVS is worth trying out as something to manage
requests for a cluster of identical Windows-based web servers.