Re: [SLUG] OT - disposing of CRT tubes.

Try this at your own risk:
It is possible to (reasonably) safely de-vacuum a tube: The nipple is in the
centre of the plug right at the back of the tube. If you squash (squeeze) the
centre plastic protrusion with a pair of bull-nose pliers, the nipple will
crack, letting the air in more gradually.  Still use goggles, & safety
equipment, but the tube will stay in one piece.
 Picture tubes now have an implosion shield in the front, so if the glass does
break, the gun will not rocket out the front of the tube.

regards Doug