SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] HP Photosmart 2575 setup
- To: Hal Ashburner <hal.ashburner@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] HP Photosmart 2575 setup
- From: Matthew Hannigan <mlh@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 14:11:09 +1100
- Cc: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx, Peter Chubb <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- User-agent: Mutt/1.3.28i
On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 01:35:00PM +1100, Hal Ashburner wrote:
> On 06/12/05, Peter Chubb <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I had this problem at one point when the USB port was underspec. This
> > printer uses all of a USB2.0 bandwidth, and will not work on USB 1.0
> > or on a USB2.0 that isn't exactly compliant.
> > Thanks Peter,
> Posting to the list.
> Can't sufficently express how disappointing Dell's approach to hardware is.
> One thing after another is not what was advertised with this box.
> I wonder if its legal..
Note that usb2 does not necessarily mean hi-speed usb.
"USB 2.0 specification incorporates three speeds: Hi-Speed, Full-Speed and Low-Speed"