From: Russell Davie [mailto:rjrd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, December 05, 2005 12:28 PM
To: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Kasim, Yosep
Subject: Re: [SLUG] linux distribution which one????

On Mon, 5 Dec 2005 10:38:56 +1100
"Kasim, Yosep" <Yosep.Kasim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all
>

> I am trying to use linux for the first time. I would like to have a
> distro like debian with 14 Cds so I don't need to go to the internet
> get the software.
>
> Debian would be suitable but has very old software tend not to be
> updated or too long.
>

> Can anybody assist me with any of distros that complete enough but not
> too old

What do you want to do?

Ubuntu uses 1 disk to install either workstation or server.

http://www.ubuntulinux.org/

You can have it mailed at no cost:
https://shipit.ubuntu.com/

HTH

Russell
DISCLAIMER

Email Confidentiality Footer
This message is for the named person's use only. Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message.
If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of this message to such person),
you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone. If you receive this correspondence in error, please immediately
delete it from your system and notify the sender. You must not disclose, copy or rely on any part of this correspondence if you are not the intended recipient.

Internet communications are not secure and therefore Harvey Norman does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message. Any views or opinions presented
are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Harvey Norman.