Re: [SLUG] Partition - Updated

if you have up to 1GB of RAM usually you should use RAM*2 value for swap - over 1GB the same amount of swap space is enough. I don't agree with the idea of having only 10G for / - the nice example is when you use IMAP and mbox for users - the mails are stored in /var/spool (and a lot of other things) which can be really hudge. it really depends on what you are going to use box for
many users just don't use their /homes but receive a hudge amount of mail.

we solved this the other way around - we started to use Maildir :)

RAID0 may be your friend.

Marcel