Re: [SLUG] CUPS!!

On 11/2/05, Phil Scarratt <fil@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks Graham and Michael so far. Well now installing on Ubuntu freezes
when you get to the end of the gnome-add wizardy thingy (haven't tried
lpadmin yet). Window$ box still no progress. Think I might ditch it and
share the printer via samba.

The only CUPS experience i have is that on OSX, and even thats limited as my new printer I got some months back is a Workgroup Laser and has build in ethernet already, so all I do now is install the CUPS driver on OSX and Linux. Then install Windows printer drivers on Windows machines and everything can print to the printer directly.

So much easier :)