[SLUG] Too good to be true from Bigpond?

Hi,
	Bigpond are currently phoning Optusnet customers in my area,
offering `the same deal as OPTUS but 20% cheaper' (according to the
phone guy).   Has anyone else taken this up?  Is it true?

The standard deal with Bigpond is worse than Telstra:  their
`unlimited' amount is 10G not 12, and there's no 24G bonus on off-peak
time.  I've heard that they even charge for upstream traffic, unlike
Optus.

So what's the story?  I'm very tempted if it's true.

--
Dr Peter Chubb  http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au  peterc AT gelato.unsw.edu.au
The technical we do immediately,  the political takes *forever*