Re: [SLUG] Fwd: Xorg --> 'No Core Pointer' ?

On Tue, 2005-10-18 at 21:12 +1300, Adam Bogacki wrote:
> Someone suggested changing /dev/mouse in /etc/X11/xorg.conf to
> /dev/input/mice .. so I did.
> One complication may be that I originally configured
> /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 on an MS IntelliMouse but have since switched
> to an A4TECH wireless optical mouse, model RFSOP-48 (RP-648), in which the
> receiver acts as a battery (re)charger. It works on my seldom-used XP drive.

If you are using a USB mouse then you want the usbhid module (USB human
interface device).  This should be loaded by hotplug automatically.

That will create the /dev/input/mice device for you.

The relevant part of my xorg.conf is:

        Section "InputDevice"
                Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
                Driver          "mouse"
                Option          "CorePointer"
                Option          "Device"
        "/dev/input/mice"
                Option          "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"
                Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
        EndSection

This was created by the Ubuntu installer.

--
Simon Wong <linux@xxxxxxxxx>