Re: [SLUG] Your top-ten linux desktop apps

O Plameras wrote:

> Many books in C programming teaches that 64-bit machines have 8 bytes
> int size, at least the ones I gone through.

I have never personally seen such a book.

> I have not gone through your book
> that you
> co-authored. Did you or your book say anything about int sizes in
> relation to
> machine architecture ? And what did you say there ? I'm curious ?

I wrote a program like your sizeof program (but including sizeof(void*))
and showed the output on a 32 bit x86 Linux machine and a 64 bit Alpha
Linux machine. The sizes of all data types other than long and void*
were the same.

Erik
  Erik de Castro Lopo
"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your
code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
-- Martin Golding