SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Laptop and lspci results
- To: Bill <billb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Laptop and lspci results
- From: James Ballantine <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 18:35:56 +1000
- Cc: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Debian Thunderbird 1.0.6 (X11/20050802)
> Have just tried an MSI M510c notebook with Kanotix (Debian) 2005.03 lite
> and viewing the results of lspci determined that Kanotix found all of
> the hardware.
> Does this mean that I can expect that everything that was found will
> work ? Or does it mean that hardware detection has worked and mileage
> may vary in actually trying to utilise the hardware components?
The latter - lspci just tells you what's there. You might still have
some hardware that has no Linux drivers.