Re: [SLUG] Your top-ten linux desktop apps

Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:

Peter Miller wrote:

C offers you enough rope to hang yourself.
C++ offers a fully equipped firing squad, a last cigarette and
a blindfold.
and better type safety that sh, tcl, php and a shit load of other
"advanced" make-the- type-up- at-run-time you-can-only-find- bugs-by-
customers-using- it-for- real-and- suing-you (that some simple compile
time static analysis would have found) scripting languages.

Thats why I'm so keen on O'Caml. It offers even more static analysis
than C and C++. Its significantly more difficult to write bugs into
an O'Caml program than a C or C++ program.

I do not know O'Caml, so I just want to ask the equivalent of ff code.
I can RTFM but if I can see the  equivalent of this code, it'd be helpful.
I wish to have a quick idea of the language.

#include <stdio.h>

int integer_array[] = {1,-2,3,-4,5,-6,-7,8,-9,32727000};
int *ptr;

int main(void)
{
   int i;
ptr = &integer_array[0]; printf("\n\n");
   for (i = 0; i < 10; i++)
   {
     printf("integer_array[%d] = %d   ",i,integer_array[i]);
     printf("ptr + %d = %d\n",i, *(ptr + i));
   }
   return 0;
}

Thanks.