Re: [SLUG] Your top-ten linux desktop apps

C offers you enough rope to hang yourself.
C++ offers a fully equipped firing squad, a last cigarette and
a blindfold.

Our system architect calls me crazy,
But coding in C makes me feel pretty.

Since I always remotely log on to a linux box, I am command line junkie. The
things I use most are:

1) vim/vi

2) gdb
The more buggy your code is the more useful this debugging tool is ^_^

3) cvs
That's ... if you have more than 1 person working on the code.

As for programming languages I recommand:

C/C++ (gcc/g++)
perl
shell (script)

I am not sure these are the "desktop" apps you are refering to, but I use linux
mainly for programming purposes.

cheers,

yiz