Re: [SLUG] Technical Help Required

On Mon, Sep 05, 2005 at 01:46:39PM +1000, Bill Greville (billg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> Hi there,
>

> I need, very urgently, to solve a problem plaguing one of my customer's
> Sydney sites.
>

> The problem occurs when trying to copy files greater than 80Mb from a
> Windows XP client to a Samba share on the file-server, running SUSE Linux.
>

> The problem manifests itself as a "Network connection no longer available"
> error message on the Windows XP client.

Samba does not allow (from memory) larger transfer greater than some size.

When you mount a windows share to a linux box you must specify something like this:

   /bin/mount -t smbfs -o lfs,username=USER //MACHINE/SHARE /mnt/somedisk

The lfs stands for LaRGE FILE SYSTEM.

Maybe you have to do something the other way around????

jobst

--
If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

             __, Jobst Schmalenbach, Technical Director
   _ _.--'-n_/   Barrett Consulting Group P/L & The Meditation Room P/L
 -(_)------(_)=  +61 3 9532 7677, POBox 277, Caulfield South, 3162, Australia