Re: [SLUG] mail for root

On Tue, Aug 30, 2005 at 09:12:05PM +1000, Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:

> Hi Denis,
>
> In /etc/aliases you will need:
>
>     root:your_user_name
>     postmaster:your_user_name
>
> and then run:
>
>     /usr/sbin/postalias
>
> as root.
Thanks,
Tried this, plus various combinations in dpkg-reconfigure postfix to no
avail - syslog is still telling me email is going to my ISP (and I get
nothing in my inbox obviously).

Have tried dpkg-reconfigure as internet with smarthost, and satellite
system.  Annoying, and no doubt more annoying for the sysadmin of the
ISP's mail server non?

Denis