[SLUG] Re: Firefox print crash

Phil Scarratt wrote:

Has anyone else had trouble with firefox or thunderbird crashing when you press CTRL+P or select Print from the File menu? I'm using Ubuntu Hoary.

It's driving me insane. Currently googling but what is really insane is that after I try something to fix it, I have to click print of course and firefox crashes again......arrrggghhhh

Well there you go....you think I'd've looked in the Ubuntu forums first....turns out it is related to the Desktop theme - yes you read that right, the desktop not the FF theme. This even though FF and TB are the only apps affected - OOo is fine, as are others. Anyway, I was running Amaranth desktop theme, changed to Simple and all fine.