SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] debian question
- To: Ryan Verner <ryan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] debian question
- From: James Polley <zhasper@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 14:52:10 +1000
- Cc: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:reply-to:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=JOf+rEFFUJ38WBe2N6MnI3d/ioOaZqOR3aNloAPjqBwrvddvLDu0p+/UllDGTbrMv9bOC+49u3BT21rRLrARUDh6zOb3eu+WW3R0T1rP4C/HMsjD3X+4mGAu6Db0XUiGAIPAIktcmdScDPBeP/ISxxTS5TMkDWHHZqkECxTlapM=
- Reply-to: James Polley <zhasper@xxxxxxxxx>
On 8/2/05, Ryan Verner <ryan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-08-02 at 14:04 +0930, luke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > Can I go ahead with this without causing dependency problems for other packages?
> > IOW. If I say yes, will any other packages on the server refuse to run?
> I'm confused, and don't really understand the question - what you've
> pasted looks perfectly normal.
You've obviously not had the dubious pleasure of cajoling any RedCrap
systems into working lately. You've obviously been lulled by Debian's
excellent package management, especially the excelleng
Luke's original question makes perfect sense for someone who's used to
the RedCrap World of Pain..
Luke: welcome to Debian. Enjoy :)
There is nothing more worthy of contempt than a man who quote himself
in his email footer - Zhasper, 2005