SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] ubuntu -help pls
- To: hana martin <otsimind@xxxxxxxxxxx>, slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] ubuntu -help pls
- From: Gary Bennett <beancounterz@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 15:43:57 +1000
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:reply-to:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=DJtaHcJPkabCsTl/AkoCaLfnhfUtVM+pNQV9cGrwRS83j+ao/BPuczAhjfRXA/G4swmS4ZnDhiIzml4fiFpaUKA/xlc1EdKXTxoz09bXXiHU0ShOzXB3OgjtQUJ5sXBps9yXKXtXwMo0ZKrl9UK6qefplCKmTTwy/FjXdGzv4lw=
- Reply-to: Gary Bennett <beancounterz@xxxxxxxxx>
On 7/21/05, Michael Fox <fox.michael@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 7/20/05, hana martin <otsimind@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > dr sir/madam,
> > i bought PC AUTHORITY APRIL 2005 to get UBUNTU 4.10 ,
> > ,but not installed yet.
> > now UBUNTU 5 has released, --where can i get a CD in SYDNEY ?
> > --can i get INSTALL HELP via telephone (pref) from a kind soul ? ,
> > since i am computer challenged .
> > [ i am located in SYDNEY northern suburbs ].
> > thankyou - regards, hana martin.
> I have a copy of the dvd iso image, if your near North Ryde (Macquarie
> Uni) then I can certainly get you a copy.
> As for phone support, not likely, but this mail list would be suitable
> for help at various times. Although most stuff could probably be
> solved via google
> SLUG - Sydney Linux User's Group Mailing List - http://slug.org.au/
> Subscription info and FAQs: http://slug.org.au/faq/mailinglists.html
In addition to Michael's suggestions, there are a few sites that
provide reasonable support and information about Ubuntu. These are: