Re: [SLUG] Telstra ADSL bridge mode on Linux

Sridhar Dhanapalan wrote:

Would a half-bridge setup work for you? That's how I have my modem set up. I gave it a NAT rule to forward all packets to my GNU/Linux firewall/router, which decides what to block, what to accept and what to forward to client workstations.
<snipped>

Sridhar,

That sounds like an interesting solution. I assume that you are still using two interfaces in the Linux box, one going to the Adsl modem, and one going to the Lan. Do you just run a private IP network between the modem and the Linux Box?

Thanks for the tip

Pete