Re: [SLUG] Telstra ADSL bridge mode on Linux

David Kempe wrote:
Of course, it all depends on what you are actually trying to achive.

(Work within the constraints of an organisation who thinks that the sun shines out of Telstra's ....)

I actually want the IP available to the Linux box so that I can do cool and groovy network thinks like Masquerade, proxy, reverse proxy etc. I could let the Modem hold the IP but then it's not available to the reverse proxy. Sounds like Roaring Penguin will have to be it.

Personally I'd just go with Internode (no I don't work or have any association with them, just had good service) but then I'm not the one making the political decisions.

Cheers All

Pete.