[SLUG] Installing X on Debian stable.

Okay. I used the first CD of Debian woody to install a basic system, then ftp/http sources for Debian stable for everything else.

Problem is getting X installed and going. Started reading and it seems X on Debian stable is now something entirely different.

Two questions

1) what d I need to install to get X + gnome going?

Or

2) Or how do you fix /dev/input/mice not working?
(which is just one of the possible causes).

--
Terry Collins {:-)}}} email: terryc at woa.com.au www: http://www.woa.com.au Wombat Outdoor Adventures <Bicycles, Computers, GIS, Printing, Publishing>