Re: [SLUG] How to add /usr/local/lib/perl/5.6.1/ to the perl @INC array in Debian

Michael Lake wrote:

Hi all

I have a server with some CPAN modules in /usr/local/lib/perl/5.6.1/
perl is now 5.8 and is not finding the scripts in 5.6 An upgrade occurred weeks ago so I dont know why this has occurrred just today or maybe yesterday.

I probably need to add /usr/local/lib/perl/5.6.1/ to the @INC array

Does anyone know where this is set in Debian? I know that you can add directories to the INC array via the -I command line invoking perl but what scripts starts perl in Debian to add this so that all scripts starting with /usr/bin/perl end up with the new @INC. I looked for env vars also but didnt find it it anywhere.

PERL5LIB  <-- set this environment variable to what you need
              (both in the shell and in Apache)

See httpd.conf for how to do it in Apache. (the keyword is PerlSetEnv)

cheers
rickw

--
Rick Welykochy || Praxis Services

Puritanism- The haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy.
     -- H.L. Mencken