SLUG Mailing List Archives
[SLUG] Problems with rsync
- To: SLUG <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [SLUG] Problems with rsync
- From: Howard Lowndes <lannet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 21:32:01 +1000
- Organization: LANNet Computing Associates
- User-agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0.2-1.3.3 (X11/20050513)
I have a routine that runs an rsync to sync data from a Linux fs to a
vfat fs which I have smbmounted on a linux fs.
It runs quite happily for a while, then stalls.
the rsync command I an using is:
rsync -vrtL --delete /home/ext3fs /home/vfatfs
What is the best way to find out why it might be stalling? I know
where, but why.
LANNet Computing Associates - Your Linux people <http://lannet.com.au>
When you just want a system that works, you choose Linux;
When you want a system that just works, you choose Microsoft.
Flatter government, not fatter government;
Get rid of the Australian states.
org:LANNet Computing Associates
adr:;;PO Box 1174;Lavington;NSW;2641;Australia
email;internet:howard [AT] lowndes [DOT] name
tel;work:02 6040 0222
tel;fax:02 6040 0222
tel;cell:0419 464 430
note:If you want to phone me, you will need to ensure that your phone presents Caller ID, or use access code 9.