[SLUG] Problems with rsync

I have a routine that runs an rsync to sync data from a Linux fs to a vfat fs which I have smbmounted on a linux fs.

It runs quite happily for a while, then stalls.

the rsync command I an using is:
rsync -vrtL --delete /home/ext3fs /home/vfatfs

What is the best way to find out why it might be stalling? I know where, but why.

--
Howard.
LANNet Computing Associates - Your Linux people <http://lannet.com.au>
--
When you just want a system that works, you choose Linux;
When you want a system that just works, you choose Microsoft.
--
Flatter government, not fatter government;
Get rid of the Australian states.
begin:vcard
fn:Howard Lowndes
n:Lowndes;Howard
org:LANNet Computing Associates
adr:;;PO Box 1174;Lavington;NSW;2641;Australia
email;internet:howard [AT] lowndes [DOT] name
tel;work:02 6040 0222
tel;fax:02 6040 0222
tel;cell:0419 464 430
note:If you want to phone me, you will need to ensure that your phone presents Caller ID, or use access code 9.
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.lannet.com.au
version:2.1
end:vcard