SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Oh goodie - again....(sober.q strikes again)
- To: james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Oh goodie - again....(sober.q strikes again)
- From: Rick Welykochy <rick@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 10:47:31 +1000
- Cc: SLUG <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20041217
James Gray wrote:
Hold onto your mail servers folks - looks like Monday could be ground-hog day
all over again. Last week (as you know) was neo-nazi-right-wing-hate-spam,
this week....who knows?
Time to batten down the hatches. I'm hoping some machines go off "early" and
I can catch some samples in the wild to modify the spamassassin filters.
Will let people know if I (or other admins I know) manage to achieve this.
Pity the poor buggers who receive the bounces for non existent addrs, when
the From: is faked. I'm already seeing a few. Last year, a fellow on the LINK
mailing list rec'd over 30,000 bounces in a week :(
Does anyone on Slug have a clue how to prevent such from happening, aside
from nuking the "big 200" known spammers in Florida and surrounds?
Rick Welykochy || Praxis Services
People who enjoy eating sausage and obey the law should not watch either being made.
-- Otto von Bismarck