SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] MySQL server to server data transfer
- To: Phil Scarratt <fil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] MySQL server to server data transfer
- From: Dean Hamstead <dean@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 10:50:44 +1000
- Cc: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0.2 (Windows/20050317)
you could use replication temporarily
just set it up, then run
LOAD DATA FROM MASTER
boom, off it goes.
Phil Scarratt wrote:
I need to transfer several databases from one MySQL server to another,
data szie about 350MB HD space;
is it practical to do like 'mysqldump > mysql.sql | mysql < mysql.sql '
(whatever the correct synatx is), that is, dump mysql and pipe into the
second host in one step ?
or am I better just dumping, copying data over, importing ?
and, how do I construct the dump to pipe as input
mysqldump > mysql.sql
mysql < mysql.sql
if using mysam table format or another protable format or the host OS is
the same just tarball them and ssh/scp them across and untarball