SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Re:KVM switches
- To: z2260120@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Re:KVM switches
- From: O Plameras <oscarp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 16:16:59 +1000
- Cc: "slug@xxxxxxxxxxx" <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Organization: Equity Investments Holdings
- Reply-to: oscarp@xxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0.2-1.3.2 (X11/20050324)
Cworld.com.au has Belkin KVM switches at $69 (2-port), $159 to $259 (4-port) and
$707 (8-port). Is there a cheaper option or software workaround one could use?
I only need this for temporary/test purposes.
1. Second-Hand PII PC.
2. Add 1 ether card(makes a 2 port switch)
3. or Add n ether cards (makes a n+1 switch)
4. Linux OS with Bridge modules
5. Install www.shorewall.net software to
have a bridge-firewall.
I made 4-port switch for less than $100.