SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] running X11 app through Apache
- To: Julio Cesar Ody <julioody@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] running X11 app through Apache
- From: Matthew Hannigan <mlh@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 10:02:27 +1000
- Cc: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx, "telford@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <telford@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- User-agent: Mutt/1.3.28i
On Tue, May 03, 2005 at 09:27:10AM +1000, Julio Cesar Ody wrote:
> Thanks for the answers so far!
> Yeah, it's a bizarre idea. But fact is that I need to perform an
> operation using OpenOffice.org, and even if you run with the
> "-invisible" parameter, it still requires that you have a Xserver,
Ah, so *that's* the problem.
Not a new one. Early java versions had this problem too.
Even though you were doing server side stuff, if you used
graphics classes on Unix, you needed an X server.
The solution then, and now, is to run a headless X server:
Xvfb (X virtual frame buffer).