Re: [SLUG] running X11 app through Apache

On Tue, May 03, 2005 at 09:27:10AM +1000, Julio Cesar Ody wrote:
> Thanks for the answers so far!
>
> Yeah, it's a bizarre idea. But fact is that I need to perform an
> operation using OpenOffice.org, and even if you run with the
> "-invisible" parameter, it still requires that you have a Xserver,

Ah, so *that's* the problem.

Not a new one.  Early java versions had this problem too.
Even though you were doing server side stuff, if you used
graphics classes on Unix, you needed an X server.

The solution then, and now, is to run a headless X server:
Xvfb (X virtual frame buffer).

Matt