SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] running X11 app through Apache
- To: Julio Cesar Ody <julioody@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] running X11 app through Apache
- From: Angus Lees <gus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 02 May 2005 22:05:12 +1000
- Cc: slug <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Mail-copies-to: never
- User-agent: Wanderlust/2.12.2 (99 Luftballons) XEmacs/21.4 (Jumbo Shrimp)
At Mon, 2 May 2005 15:57:46 +1000, Julio Cesar Ody wrote:
> I tried to run a few GUI (X11) applications to run through my
> webserver, but no success so far. They simply don't run, and no error
> appear in any of my logs. Does anybody know how to do it?
Heh, its a crazy idea but strangely enough not a new one.
A lot of X11R6.3 was devoted to these sorts of ideas. See
http://www.broadwayinfo.com/ and have a poke around
The x.org guys seem to have even updated the Xrx browser plugin to
work with newer mozillas..
(Personally I think Xrx would be pretty cool for intranet settings.
I'm sure daniels agrees ;)