[SLUG] Stupidest law of the year candidate!

We may as well shut down the internet now.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/Breaking/ISPs-forced-to-join-child-porn-crackdown/2005/02/23/1109046951674.html

<aside>

If you don't have one already, login with

username: vanitas
password: vain

</aside>

Basically, it makes Australian ISP's liable for $55000 fines if their
service can be USED to access child pornography and they don't report it
to the federal police.

Furrfu! If I was running an ISP, I'd just report the entire internet and
be done with it. *Any* internet connection can be used to access child
porn if you know where to look. As abhorrent as I find the concept of
child pornography, this just has to be the stupidest law of the year. You
might as well fine Telstra or Optus because child pornographers can talk
to each other, if they know the right number!

DaZZa