Re: [SLUG] Wehre to get hard-copies of GNU manuals?

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 amos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Does anyone know where can I get hard-copies of GNU manuals?

> I'm particularly interested in the manuals of automake
> (http://www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/automake.html)
> and autoconf
> http://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf/manual/autoconf-2.57/autoconf.html)
>
> They are too large to just print (over 200 pages), and inconvenient to
> me to rea on-line.

Will this do? http://www.elx.com.au/item/NR1902
It seems to be more a tutorial but might work for you.

Otherwise try the FSF (Freen Software Foundation - originators of GPL) who
makes some of their income from selling hardcopy manuals.
See http://www.fsf.org and click on the "ordering books and merchandise"
link. Which funilly enough, is the same as the ordering link from the
gnu.org site.

--
** ROOM FOR RENT $120pw (neg) near Newington Shops 525/401 buses **