Re: [SLUG] FYI: Campaign of Mis-Information

On Tue, Feb 15, 2005 at 04:24:20PM +1030, Glen Turner wrote:
> Except for
>    But in a connected, digital world, the threat to copyright
>    holders is far greater. Witness the downfall of the music
>    industry in recent years. (The Australian record industry
>    has lobbied against changing Australian copyright law).
> when the ARIA figures show no such thing.  The ARIA figures
> show a decline in value, but no decline in sales volume.

And the downfall of the music industry is largely their own doing

PS: mainly added so that furture googlers can find this easily.

linux.conf.au 2005   -  http://lca2005.linux.org.au/  -  Birthplace of Tux
April 18th to 23rd   -  http://lca2005.linux.org.au/  -       LINUX
Canberra, Australia  -  http://lca2005.linux.org.au/  -    Get bitten!