SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] safe(ish) single-login from website
- To: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] safe(ish) single-login from website
- From: Taryn East <slug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 07:16:00 +1100
- User-agent: Mutt/1.5.6+20040907i
just realised I didn't reply to the list...
* Mike MacCana <mikem@xxxxxxxxxxxx> spake thus:
> Do you have a Kerberos server (KDC)? Their web client (IE/FF) could send
> a kerberos ticket for authentication, and get access in a secure
> fashion without prompting them for anything.
we personally don't - and this is a solution we are writing to show to
our channel partners to allow them to do it... we are happy to run
whatever we need, within reason, not so sure what they are likely to
run... but if it's easy enough then it's a good start!
What does Kerberos (and thus tickets) involve?
cheers and thanks,
This .sig temporarily out-of-order.
We apologise for any inconvenience
- The Management