SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: Incremental Backup to a CD-ROM? (was: Re: [SLUG] Incremental Backup Script)
- To: amos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Incremental Backup to a CD-ROM? (was: Re: [SLUG] Incremental Backup Script)
- From: Peter Chubb <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 20:45:24 +1100
- Cc: slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Comments: Hyperbole mail buttons accepted, v04.18.
>>>>> "amos" == amos <amos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
amos> On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 22:47:34 +1100, Matthew Palmer
amos> <mpalmer.at.hezmatt.org@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Don't do it, man. Your chances of getting a coaster are *way* too
>> high for any sort of even vaguely reasonable backup plan. If
>> nothing else, you can't verify your backups until you've finalised
>> the disc, and you don't want to finalise the disc until you've got
>> it mostly full, but you want to verify your backup ASAP so you can
>> redo it if it's stuffed.
What if you use packet mode and a UDF file system, instead of ISO9660?