SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] MythTV vs Freevo
- To: Michael Fox <fox.michael@xxxxxxxxx>, slug@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] MythTV vs Freevo
- From: Kevin Saenz <ksaenz@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 19:37:15 +1100
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:reply-to:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:references; b=GwUuy/jh0QVgykYGzfLdQSnh3v12pCD5mKbtH2lNYiRmDPxHMdUYsUnN0wzyCLUXfo8aFgC63C3nob+7GKNNhnmDQH3Ho55xstootKxU1eYxNQpJF58K7fEU/sdslBUQuvnZkpR9Zoa8JXlPPeJTPMMccfZvM/lASWJ7Aru/uj8=
- Reply-to: Kevin Saenz <ksaenz@xxxxxxxxx>
I am using Fusion DVB card just your generic Fusion card, I have an
AMD 2800+ with 512 meg of RAM and Audigy2 sound card ATI raedon 9700.
I did have MythTV running on an Athlon 1200 with 256Meg of RAM and
AC97 sound card.
The area I struggled with was with grab_tv_au until Ben helped out.
> What DVB card and brand you using on myth setup? Also what spec
> machine.. is it remotely going to work on a Duron 1200Mhz with 512mb
> On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 08:38:19 +1000, Kevin Saenz <ksaenz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > What I have is mythtv running on Mandrake. Reason for this was to get
> > something off the ground and running quickly. The features I like with
> > Mythtv is that you have the option to watch TV, store your cds and
> > dvds to disk to watch/listen at your leisure. Mythtv is also pretty
> > simple to use, so it makes it kids and wife friendly. The plugins are
> > pretty funky. The only thing that I had trouble with was configuring
> > the channels to download the program guide (Thanks to ben) I was up
> > and running in no time. What I would like to do is get a digital
> > satalite capture card so that I can get digital foxtel. So if anyone
> > knows where I can get a digsat card, I would appreciate the help.
> > Kevin
> > > So what have people tried and what was there experience with these things ?
> > >
> > > Any recommendations ?
> > >
> > > Jason
> > > --
> > > SLUG - Sydney Linux User's Group Mailing List - http://slug.org.au/
> > > Subscription info and FAQs: http://slug.org.au/faq/mailinglists.html
> > >
> > --
> > SLUG - Sydney Linux User's Group Mailing List - http://slug.org.au/
> > Subscription info and FAQs: http://slug.org.au/faq/mailinglists.html