Re: [SLUG] uploading directory tree recursively

On Sun, 2005-02-13 at 23:13 +1030, luke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Any tips on how to upload this 4 GIG of (self-composed and therefore valued) music?

I'd be using rsync for this. If your other linux box has rsync installed
and it's running ssh then this should be a snap. Something like this:

    rsync -e "ssh -c blowfish" -avz my_music_dir/
'username@remote:/home/me/other_music_dir/'

Note the trailing slashes on both directory names. The manpage will give
you the details, but it operates slightly differently without the
slashes. The '-c blowfish' part just makes it go faster. You could quite
happily substitue '-e ssh' with no ill side-affects.

HTH,

James.

--
"There is no I in TEAM but there is an i in Ninja"
  -- http://www.ninjaburger.com/sekrit/