SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Ghosting a disk
- To: Slug <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Ghosting a disk
- From: Simon Wong <linux@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 13:41:47 +1000
- Organization: Wongy.org
- Reply-to: linux@xxxxxxxxx
On Fri, 2005-02-11 at 10:59 +1100, Howard Lowndes wrote:
> dd if=/dev/hda of=/dev/hdc bs=4096
> It transfers about 593 records and then complains that there is
> insufficient space on the device.
Could there be a sync problem!?
The Debian installation manual I just read yesterday said to use
conv=sync when writing to a floppy so maybe you need:
dd if=/dev/hda of=/dev/hdc bs=4096 conv=sync
Is there a hidden partition (predesktop area)?
Simon Wong <linux@xxxxxxxxx>