SLUG Mailing List Archives
Re: [SLUG] Digital TV Tuner Cards On Linux?
- To: O Plameras <oscarp@xxxxxxxxxxx>, slug <slug@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [SLUG] Digital TV Tuner Cards On Linux?
- From: Kevin Saenz <ksaenz@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 08:12:09 +1100
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:reply-to:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:references; b=imn4uRhVBoqp52bLwseOBSk+//j6uZOo4uffUWHjbILpFb6osjx66dzS+m1uRD+nV3PE/C0ErX7JHY5VFTBeX+K7AeqJZReJzvpSfvtabzlkeQ/C1XHkEPih1wVAhZ913VRiVltBGz1A63d8nsBDF0VNY4FWMt6JuVr09X6SYJM=
- Reply-to: Kevin Saenz <ksaenz@xxxxxxxxx>
I sent an email to Lee and here is his response
"Kevin, you're 100% right. I was new to Linux at the time, and I
didn't have much of a clue what I was doing. I'm fairly sure I'd have
far less trouble now."
So I have advised him update his page so that unsuspecting readers
don't get confused, and misguided as to the state of Mythtv.
Slanderous my foot.
> >> I have tried the 'tv_grab_au' from one list but did not work for me.
> >> Are you able to post the code for this script ?
> > the python one from the list works.
> OK, this explains why my channel list does not work consistently.
> I am using the perl version.
> This is something new as far as I'm concerned, this python version.
> The weather web pages work but I get 'blank and black' screen when
> I switch to viewing TV channels. This is due to incorrect channels
> information in my MySQL MythTV database.
> >> There is NO 'tv_grab_au' from the de-facto http://www.xmltv.org
> >> server. I suspect because there is none that works consistently.
> > There is no legal source here
> Yep, that's what I gathered from the list.
> SLUG - Sydney Linux User's Group Mailing List - http://slug.org.au/
> Subscription info and FAQs: http://slug.org.au/faq/mailinglists.html