Re: [SLUG] Re: Two concurrent Gnome Desktops? (Shaun Butler)

<quote who="Shaun Butler">

> - Audio Device - Gnome says that there is no audio device on the second
> user whereas it is working fine one the desktop/session of the first user

This is either because the second user is not in the audio group or because
the first user has already opened the device, and the hardware only supports
a single writer.

> - Digital Camera - When I plugged my digital camera in and tried to
> download my photos using gtkam, I was unable to "connect" to the camera
> in the second user's session but I was able to successfully connect
> using gtkam in the first user' session

Almost certainly also a group issue.

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2005: Canberra, Australia                http://linux.conf.au/

    "I can't imagine anyone telling Emma Bunton to shut up. It would be
                        rather like slapping Bambi."